CSULB Pedestrian Mall
The two phases of this project involved the following site development in the NE portion of the campus:
- Renovation of a pedestrian mall to link new parking structures to the central campus
- Renovation of a 12-court tennis court complex to replace existing courts adjacent to George Allen Field
- Street improvements
A critical design requirement was to accommodate the increased foot traffic. New trees, shrubs, and groundcovers were selected based on their adaptability to the site and their compatibility with the existing campus landscape.
The project involved:
- Replacement of existing walkways with enhanced paving and pedestrian lighting.
- Installation of new trees, shrubs and groundcovers based on their adaptability to the site and their compatibility with the existing campus landscape.
- Upgrading of the existing irrigation system to be compatible with the campus-wide system.
- Client : Kimley Horn and Associates/California State University at Long Beach
- Status : Education
- Location : California State University, Long Beach, California