CHSR Burbank to Anaheim
The California High Speed Rail for this portion of the route will be connecting from Burbank to Anaheim. After extensive research the Glendale Metrolink Station has been identified as the one of the locations that would benefit greatly from a design intervention due to both its projected growth and its neighboring communities having a lack of green space.
As such the Glendale Metrolink Station will have a community park that will connect the north side of the station through the park via an underpass, which will provide easy access to pedestrians, bikers and commuters alike.
The Park will provide the following:
- A multi-purpose trail that will run from east to west with additional access from the south
- Various playgrounds and family picnic areas located on the east and west ends of the park
- Passive play areas, community gardens to grow vegetables and fruits
- A water retention area located on the west half of the park
- A dog park as well as special gardens on the east half of the park
- Terraced seating for an informal amphitheater on either side of the slopes near the southern entrance to the underpass
- Client : STV, Inc. for California High Speed Rail Authority
- Status : Transportation
- Location : Burbank | Anaheim, CA